Hellhounds are supernatural beasts which serve demons. Described as demonic pitbulls, Hellhounds are ferocious, terrifying entities that inspire fear in humans.
They're tasked with collecting the souls of people whose deals are come due. In such circumstances, Hellhounds can only be seen by those whom they have come for, making them a sort of reaper of the damned.
Their true form hasn't been fully documented, as those who see them generally don't survive the encounter. Lore depicts them as black with red eyes, terrifying and ferocious. They vary in size, ranging from standard medium sized dogs to that of a small horse.
Hellhounds are voracious, tenacious and not altogether unintelligent. Once a hound has the scent of its target, it has it for life and will never give up the hunt until one or the other is dead, or unless its master calls it off. They can be clever, almost impossible to trick or distract, and are not disinclined to improvisation in order to get to their prey. Hellhounds will often physically rip their victims to shreds in order to collect their souls. In some cases, however, their mere presence is enough to literally scare people to death. Other times, the victims will be driven to commit suicide.
As dogs, they are loyal, and answer only to the demons they serve; they cannot be swayed or bargained with, either.
So far only Vassur of the Hellhunters has shown the ability to control hellhounds.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Enhanced Senses - Just like any supernatural creature, their senses are extremely keen.
- Enhanced Speed - They are naturally much faster than humans.
- Enhanced Strength - A hellhound is able to easily overpower and kill humans.
- Infinite Stamina - Once a hellhound has the scent of its prey, it will never stop hunting him or her, unless it is killed or called off by its master.
- Invisibility - Hellhounds are invisible to most humans. However, many supernatural creatures such as demons and angels can see them. They can also be seen by the humans they're assigned to hunt.
- Tracking - They can locate any human they are sent after.
- Salt - serves as a barrier which they cannot pass.